Among fairy tales and Nybroviken’s twinkling lights, Junibacken welcomes the entire family to an enchanting Christmas dinner this winter.
Upon arrival, mulled wine, julmust and gingerbread await before you board the Story train for a magical ride through Astrid Lindgren’s well-known stories. At the final stop, our Christmas-decorated restaurant awaits, where the whole family gets a delicious Christmas dinner.
The children are served a main course and lots of small pancakes with festive condiments. When the children become restless, Junibacken’s play surfaces are just around the corner. For the adults, three servings are expected, the first of which contains a selection of the best from the traditional Swedish julbord. Then follows a main course and in the end it will, of course, be a magically delicious dessert.
Upon arrival: mulled wine, julmust and gingerbread
- Soused herring from Norrrøna with chopped boiled egg, chives and browned butter
- Pickled herring in a creamy dill and roe sauce on a crispy dark dark rye bread
- Lightly smoked salmon with yellow beets and mustard
- Hand-peeled shrimps in lemon mayonnaise with horseradish, dill and black pepper
- Crispy croquette with confit duck and cognac simmered plums
- Well-aged Svecia cheese with butter and bread
Fried hen with mushrooms from Hällestad, pickled onions, carrots, potato rösti with well-aged Svecia cheese and red wine sauce with black pepper and chives
Roasted cauliflower with grated truffles, crispy buckwheat, parmesan, sherry vinaigrette with shallots and black pepper and cauliflower cream and cress
Vanilla bavaroise flavored with punch, served with blueberry compote, almond biscuits and blueberry merengue
Fried chicken breast with mashed potatoes, red wine sauce and carrot & sugar peas
Tons of small pancakes, vanilla ice cream, strawberry jam & whipped cream